Digitizing the Self-assessment Period (Dec. 1 – Jan. 30)
Georgia Tech Human Resources (GTHR) continues to transform the performance management process by adding the Self-Assessment period to Performance Management @Tech. The live module will streamline the Self-Assessment process for staff, allowing supervisors and employees to document and track progress of job responsibilities and set goals.
Below you can learn more about the purpose of conducting your self-assessment and access resources available to help you navigate this phase of the process.
Join the Live Demonstrations
The planning phase is the foundation of the entire process. In this phase, SMART goals and objectives are set for the performance period.
Goals that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time Based) increase employee motivation and commitment to goal attainment, leading to greater success.
Regular communication is critical during the managing phase of the cycle. Through formal and informal conversations, both parties are kept abreast of progress toward the successful completion of goals and expectations. These discussions are also good opportunities to provide timely feedback and coaching.
Since the performance cycle spans several months, it is important to keep track of key performance highlights and challenges. These notes will help immensely when it’s time to discuss performance for the year.
At the conclusion of the cycle, both parties have a discussion to review performance for the year. If SMART goals have been set (planning phase) and ongoing communication and feedback has taken place (managing phase), both parties should have a productive performance review discussion.
The Annual Evaluation Form is available on the Forms page, under "Performance".
When merit increases are available, employees may receive an increase to their annual base pay in accordance with their overall performance rating.
It is important to remember that performance increases should be based upon merit.
Rewards should be differentiated based upon overall performance ratings.
- Annual Evaluation Form (Performance Appraisal Record)
- Goal Setting Form (Values-Based Goal Setting)
- Review for Probationary Period Form
- Performance Improvement Plan and Guidelines - This guide provides managers and their direct reports examples of discussion questions for better understanding around job performance and employee performance concerns.
- Self-Assessment Form - Use this form to provide to your manager to facilitate more constructive feedback and discussion around individual performance and departmental goals as well as next steps in career development.
Georgia Tech has curated a recommended learning path on LinkedIn Learning, complete with assets to assist you in all phases of the Performance Management cycle.
Support with the Performance Management @Tech New Module
For questions or issues about using the Performance Management Module:
- Call the Administrative Services Center (ASC) at 404-385-1111
- Email email@example.com
- Submit a general HR inquiry through the ASC portal (asc.gatech.edu) and indicate that your issue is related to Annual Performance Management & Goal Setting from the drop-down menu