Anxious to Start Your 2016 Tax Return?

As we enter the tax filing period for 2016, you may be anxious to complete your return and get your refund. We at GTHR and OIE understand this and want to help!  
As a nonresident, for tax purposes, you will be able to complete your federal tax return using Sprintax, a tax preparation software, which will be available for use later in the month. This software will allow you to file your Federal tax return for FREE and will also offer a discounted rate to help you file your state tax return(s).
You will be required to request a Sprintax access code in order to use the software. Please check the OIE’s Tax Website for instructions. We will open the access code requests around Feb. 13, 2017.

Also, please note both resident and nonresident aliens, for tax purposes, who claimed treaties in 2016 — as well as all those students who are nonresident aliens for tax purposes receiving scholarships above and beyond tuition — will need a form 1042-S to complete their tax return. 1042-S forms will also be released around Feb. 13, 2017. 

See OIE’s Tax Website and the International Student and Scholar Tax FAQ website for additional information. Send any questions to To access the International Student and Scholar Tax FAQ website, please visit

Related Media

Click on image(s) to view larger version(s)

  • Taxes - 2016 - Global HR

    Taxes - 2016 - Global HR