To thrive in our community, new hires must be prepared to exercise sound ethical judgment, act with civility in the workplace, and take individual responsibility for the Institute’s policies and legal obligations. As Georgia Tech employees these expectations are as vital to the Institute’s long-term success as any professional skill or competency.
(text and background only visible when logged in)
All new employees are automatically enrolled in New Hire Learning and Compliance within their first week and receive an email with instructions on how to complete the program. The full program takes approximately six hours to complete and covers:
- Ethical decision-making
- Workplace conduct
- Title IX and anti-harassment
- Conflicts of interest
- The Georgia Tech Policy Library — including the process by which new policies are written, reviewed, and implemented
October 26 – December 19, 2022
Each year, all employees (faculty, staff including Tech Temps and student workers) are given roughly 3 weeks to complete the Institute's Annual Compliance Training. As a public entity, Georgia Tech employees are stewards of others’ resources and are required to complete a regular review of policies and topics.
The program takes approximately 45 minutes to complete and includes modules on:
- The University System of Georgia’s (USG) Ethics
- Information Security/Cyber Security
- Foreign Influence, Research Integrity, and Conflict of Interest
- Annual Conflict of Interest Attestation