Foreign National Non-Employee Visitors & Researchers

B1 Visa summary picture

Foreign nationals visiting Georgia Tech for meetings, tours or short-term research must receive clearance from Global Human Resources and the Office of Legal Affairs before they arrive. Most non-employee foreign national visitors will enter the US in B-1 or VWB status. The foreign national will apply for a B-1 visa at an American consulate abroad and should present a letter of invitation from the Georgia Tech faculty host. If a foreign national comes from a country that participates in the Visa Waiver (VW) Program, the scholar may enter the United States in VWB status (similar to B-1 status) without getting a visa stamp from a U.S. consulate.