To help make employment verification easier, Georgia Tech has partnered with The Work Number®, an automated service that protects your personal information during the verification process. This secure service is used when you apply for a mortgage or loan, a job, lease an apartment or any other instance where proof of employment or income is needed.
In the list below, if you are asked to enter your User ID and password, please note the following:
- Your User ID is your Social Security Number
- Your password is the last four digits of your Social Security Number + your year of birth (YYYY)
Please select the reason for your verification request from the list below:
Written Verification Requests
Below are the steps for obtaining a written request if The Work Number cannot provide the employee’s information:
- Written verifications will be received in by mail when addressed to:
Georgia Institute of Technology
500 Tech Parkway NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0435
- Once received, written verification will be forwarded to one of the following staff members within the Human Resources Records Department.
- The Human Resources Records Department will release and/or verify the following information for active or former employees, in written verification form only, when accompanied by a signed release from the current or former employee:
- Job Title
- Status (Active or Terminated)
- Date of Hire
- Date of Termination (if applicable)
- Salary Information
- Human Resources will complete standard employment verification within 48 business hours of receipt.
Note: Affiliates/Contractors cannot be verified through Georgia Tech. These verifications must take place when they are on payroll.
Note: If an employee was hired before January 2010, they will have to request a written employment verification. The employee’s information cannot be accessible through The Work Number’s website. For those occurrences, Georgia Tech will provide the employee a written employment verification.