Feb 1, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
Georgia Tech is in the process of closing out our annual performance review cycle for 2016, and employee annual evaluations are due to be completed and delivered to each employee by March 31, 2017.
This applies to all employees: staff, academic and research faculty, including but not limited to those in part-time and temporary positions, retired-but-working, visiting faculty, and postdoctoral fellows.
This process remains a critical focus for Georgia Tech as it provides employees the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
This year, to better align with the Institute’s goal of relentlessly pursuing Institutional effectiveness GTHR is adopting the philosophy Performance Management 365, i.e., ensuring performance management is a priority all year.
GTHR offers a variety of tools to help steward this process, including some new to 2017:
- Updated: Annual Evaluation and Goal Setting forms
- New: Self-Assessment form and One-on-One Performance Coaching Guide
- New and Coming: Additional resources and reminders will be offered quarterly, to help support an ongoing, two-way performance dialogue throughout the year.
Find these tools and more at www.ohr.gatech.edu/performance.
Recommended Timeline for 2016 Review
- Feb. 15: Employee completes Self-Assessment form and forwards copy to their manager
- March 1: Manager completes an Annual Evaluation for each direct report and schedules one-on-one conversation(s)
- March 31: Manager completes all Annual Evaluation conversations and provides a signed copy of the evaluation to their HR representative to be included in employees’ files
Recommended Timeline for 2017 Goal Setting
- Feb. 28: Manager disseminates overall goals and objectives to their team
- March 31: Manager completes one-on-one conversation with each direct report outlining individual performance objectives for the year