Georgia Tech is providing information regarding travel, immigration, and visas at http://www.gatech.edu/travel-visas. Please note, questions from students should be directed to the Office of International Education at email@example.com, and questions from affiliates and employees should be directed to Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
H1-B VISA UPDATE:
Starting April 3, 2017, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will temporarily suspend premium processing for all H-1B petitions. This suspension may last up to six months. While H-1B premium processing is suspended, Georgia Tech cannot file Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service for a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker which requests the H-1B nonimmigrant classification. USCIS will notify the public before resuming premium processing for H-1B petitions.
- Does this impact me? Global Human Resources is reviewing the potential impact to all employees currently in H-1B status and/or those who are likely to need H-1B status in the near future. If we determine you may be impacted by this suspension, we will communicate with you and your department.
- Has this happened before? USCIS has temporarily suspended premium processing for H-1B extensions in the past in preparation for an increased workload caused by the H-1B cap season.
- Can my petition be submitted before April 3, 2017? Global Human Resources is reviewing all potentially impacted employees to determine if filing a request for premium processing prior to is possible and/or necessary.
Global HR is Georgia Tech’s primary resource for matters involving the employment and taxation of foreign nationals on campus as well as providing guidance for the Institute’s employees working outside of the United States.
Have a New Immigration Document? If you are a foreign national employee and have received a new immigration document (passport, visa, I-94, EAD, green card, etc.) let us know! Please complete the Immigration Document Update e-form in iStart under the Foreign National Employees menu.
- All foreign national employees at GT are required to use GLACIER secure online tax compliance software.
- To assist with filing Tax Returns, Sprintax tax preparation software is available to all foreign nationals receiving payments from Georgia Tech. For additional details, review the International Student and Scholar Tax FAQs.
- Individuals in F or J status should also review the Tax Services from OIE site.
Our Global Mobility team provides specialized human resources support to our internationally-based GT employees as well as US-based employees temporarily working abroad.