Georgia Tech offers vacation, holiday pay, sick leave, and other leaves of absence for eligible regular, full-time/part-time Faculty or Staff.
Reporting & Requesting Time Off
All Georgia Tech employees are required to request and report their time off. Click to learn more.
Classified full-time/part-time Staff and some Faculty employees are eligible to accrue vacation time. Academic faculty from an academic unit who are appointed on a nine-month basis do not accrue vacation during the academic year. To determine your eligibility for vacation time, you may view the Georgia Tech Vacation Policy. To request vacation time, complete the Vacation Request Form.
Georgia Tech provides 12 official holidays per year.
2016 Institute Holidays
- Friday, January 1, 2016 - New Year's Day
- Monday, January 18, 2016 - M.L.K, Jr. National Holiday
- Monday, May 30, 2016 - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2016 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 5, 2016 - Labor Day
- Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25, 2016 - Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, December 26 through Friday, December 30, 2016 - Winter Break
2017 Institute Holidays
- Monday, January 2, 2017 - New Year's Day
- Monday, January 16, 2017 - M.L.K, Jr. National Holiday
- Monday, May 29, 2017 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2017 - Labor Day
- Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24, 2017 - Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, December 25 through Friday, December 29, 2017 - Winter Break
Regular, full-time/part-time Faculty or Staff accrue are eligible to accrue sick leave. To determine your eligibility for sick leave, you may view the Georgia Tech Sick Leave Policy. To request sick leave, complete the Sick Leave Request Form.
Donated Sick Leave
The Donated Sick Leave Policy is to establish criteria and standards for the donation of accrued sick leave to a sick pool in order to cover absence of a benefits-eligible employee necessitated by illness or injury of the benefits-eligible employee or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, or child) of a benefits-eligible employee. To view the Donated Sick Leave Policy, request donated sick leave and access forms, click here.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Education Support Leave
To supplement work-life balance options for University System of Georgia employees, each full-time, non-temporary employee of the USG shall be eligible for up to eight hours of paid leave per calendar year for the purpose of promoting education in this state as authorized by O.C.G.A. § 45-20-32. Only activities directly related to student achievement and academic support will qualify for education support leave. Education support leave is not charged against any otherleave. Education support leave does not accumulate or rollover and is not paid-out upon change of employment status.To view the Education Support Leave policy, click here.
Court duty with pay; military leave with pay (up to 18 days per federal fiscal year) or military leave without pay; organ donation leave with pay (up to 30 days); bone marrow donation leave with pay (up to 7 days); blood donation leave with pay (8 hours per year or 2 hours per donation, up to four times per year). An employee who donates blood platelets or granulocytes through the plasmapheresis process may receive 16 hours per year or 4 hours per donation up to 4 times per year.